1) There are over 100 questions the system asks you to answer to “Match” you with someone that has similar interests and then picks your interest based on none of those answers.
2) The Match.com system bases the matches they send you three common interest that are insanely frivolous like: You both enjoy dining out, Like you he likes dogs, and He enjoys watching movies. Really? Really Match? Really?
3) Match.com does not check the ethnicity preferences their members have chosen before they match them up to you. For instance 80% of the matches Match.com has sent me, have been members that only want to date women that are not black/African American. The members in most cases have chosen white/Caucasian, Latino/Hispanic or Asian as their ethnicity of choice.
4) You have to answer stupid crap like this everyday:
WHO DO YOU LIKE?
5) Then there are e-mails like this:
I am 100% over Match and its nonsensical ways of “matching” me up with basically no one. Online dating can be such a great experience…for everyone else. Luckily I joined for research purposes only, but I can definitely see and feel how this would be disheartening for a man/woman looking for love. It is a huge test of patience and persistence, and your wallet. If you are willing to pay for your initial membership and allow it to be automatically renewed every three to six months in order to find love…more power to you. I just deleted mine. 42 days left to go…